EARTH DAY....ART ATTACK!!!


Let me begin today by saying that ihave been hunting for scores of activities all my teaching carrer in hope of finding something to suit my classroom needs...well i didnt have help...so heres some help for all those teachers who visit this page...

Some Art Tricks!!

I made these in my oven with some old crayons I had been saving. I think they would make a really cute Earth Day gift! I have made these before using all colors for my special needs students to color with. This time, I just chose blues, greens, and whites to get the "earth" colors. So, first I break up the crayons into small pieces, then place them in the cupcake papers in the pan, bake them at about 200 degrees for about 20 minutes. I usually use a straw to swirl the colors around before I take them out. Once they cool the paper peels right off, leaving the crayon. These are great for special needs students to use. Some of them color with them, some do rubbings with texture plates, and some just stack them like building blocks- they are multi-purpose! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment